Dark Ice Interactive Pty Ltd (Dark Ice) collects and uses information as part of its business of developing mobile apps. This includes information about users.
Dark Ice chooses to ensure its collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Dark Ice has policies and procedures in place to ensure that the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information is done in a safe, secure and confidential manner to ensure your rights are protected.
You and your information
Dark Ice will only collect and use information that is necessary to its business of developing software solutions (our services), or as required by law.
Dark Ice will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Dark Ice will give an individual access to all personal information it stores about the individual in a timely manner, unless an exception applies under the Privacy Act.
Kinds of information collected
Dark Ice collects personal information about visitors to our website for the purposes of providing our services which includes marketing activities.
Personal information is defined in section 6 of the Privacy Act as “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
Dark Ice will collect and hold details of individuals which include, but are not limited to:
- Email address; and
- Telephone number.
Collection and storage of personal information
Dark Ice will collect personal information of clients, business contacts and job applicants and visitors to our website by one of the following means:
- By an individual submitting information via contact form on Dark Ice’s to sign up to our updates or get in touch with us;
- By an individual contacting us by email;
- By an individual providing personal information by way of a resume;
- By an individual updating their records with Dark Ice.
Dark Ice will store the personal information of individuals in the following manner:
- All relevant personal information will be entered into and held on Dark Ice’s electronic database maintained on Dark Ice’s secure server. The database is only accessible by authorised Dark Ice staff. The server is maintained in Brisbane.
- Personal information contained in written forms and hard copy documents will be kept in safe and secure storage.
Purpose of collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information
Dark Ice will only collect personal information when it is reasonably necessary for one of Dark Ice’s functions or activities related to the provision of our services such as marketing or feedback. Dark Ice may disclose your email address to a third party email campaign manager for the purpose of sending out marketing updates. However, we only disclose email addresses to providers which do not themselves disclose or use email addresses providing by us.
Dark Ice will not use or disclose personal information for any other purpose unless:
- consent has been given by the individual; or
- the individual would reasonably expect Dark Ice to disclose the information for another purpose which is directly related/related to Dark Ice’s primary purpose of providing our services; or
- Dark Ice is required or authorised by law and/or under the Privacy Act.
Access to and correction of personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information (including credit information) that Dark Ice holds about you. There is no fee involved in making such a request.
If you would like to access your personal information that Dark Ice holds, or want to ensure that the personal information that Dark Ice holds is incorrect, incomplete or out of date, please contact Dark Ice at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with your request.
Amendments to this policy
The policy was last updated in February 2018.